The safety of students, faculty, staff, and visitors is of highest priority at the University of Minnesota.
- Need a safe way home? Check out our tent by the entrance of the festival. Gopher Chauffeur and 624-WALK will be standing by to provide either a safe walk, or ride home from 8pm to 10:30pm. See below for other transportation safety following the event.
- The Rave Guardian safety app is also available for University of Minnesota - Twin Cities students. Rave Guardian is free smart-phone app that provides students, faculty and staff with access to Virtual Escorts and other helpful safety and security resources on campus.
- 624-WALK provides walking and biking security escorts to and from campus locations and nearby adjacent neighborhoods 24/7. Call 612-624-9255.
- Gopher Chauffeur provides students with safe rides home from 10:00pm to 2:30am. Rides are available by request using the Gopher Chauffeur app. For more information on how to download this app, please visit www.boynton.umn.edu/gopher-chauffeur.
- Campus Buses provide direct service between the St. Paul, East Bank and West Bank campuses approximately every 20 minutes. For Spring Jam, only the Campus Connector and the University Avenue Circulator will be running.
My friend may have had too much to drink. What do I do?
Call 911. Don't worry about getting in trouble; your friend's life is more important.
Minnesota has a Medical Amnesty Law to limit consequences for minors who call for emergency assistance.
What should I do if someone I know is sexually assaulted?
Get them to a safe place. Call The Aurora Center anytime through their 24-hour helpline at 612-626-9111.
Advocates are on call 24/7 to provide support and options.