Spring Jam™ is a celebration that brings the U of M together for an over-the-top festival experience. Complete with live music, carnival rides, and food, Spring Jam™ is the perfect welcome party for warm weather!
4:00pm | Doors Open
5:00pm | Battle of the Bands Winner
5:45pm | Opener Coming Soon
7:00 pm | Ella Mai
8:00pm | Cashmere Cat
9:30pm | Lil Yachty
Times are subject to change.
UMN-TC Student Tickets: $25, General Public: $40
- General Public must be 18 years of age or older. University of Minnesota – Twin Cities students with valid U Card do not need to be 18+.
- One ticket per purchaser.
- All sales are final. NO REFUNDS. If you can no longer attend Spring Jam™, you can transfer your ticket to someone else by contacting Spring Jam™ at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must present your e-ticket and U Card/valid government ID at event entrance. Name on ticket must match name on ID.
- If you cannot present your U Card at the entrance, you will be required to pay the difference for a general public ticket.
- If your U Card is invalid or you need a new one, visit the U Card office.
- If you're considering purchasing from a third-party site, remember it's safest to purchase tickets for Eventbrite events on Eventbrite as we can't verify or guarantee tickets sold outside of Eventbrite. If you have questions about tickets purchased from a third party, please contact them directly to confirm the validity of the ticket.
Attractions / Food
Live Music | Ferris Wheel | Giant Slide | 1001 Nachts | EDM Club | Games | Lounge Space | and more!
Kettle Corn (Free While Supplies Last)
Cotton Candy (Free While Supplies Last)
El Burrito Mercado
Burrito Bowl ($9)
Churro Bites ($5)
Fro Yo Soul
Frozen Yogurt ($6 per cup)
- Dutch Chocolate
- Pomegranate- Berry
- Matcha Green Tea
- Coconut (dairy-free/vegan)
- Spicy Chai (dairy-free/vegan)
Tater Tot Dishes ($5-$8)
Mini Corn Dog Basket ($6.50)
Chicken Tender Basket ($7)
Beef Burrito ($7)
*while supplies last
Beer Garden Selection**
Sociable Cider Werks Freewheeler ($6)
Fulton Lonely Blonde ($6)
Summit EPA ($6)
Surly Furious ($6)
**beer will be available for purchase to those 21+ with valid I.D. Cash sales preferred.
Bags larger than 4.5” x 6.5”, including: fanny packs, backpacks, tote bags, purses or large camera cases are NOT allowed. Unattended bags will be disposed of by the University of Minnesota Police Department. Please review our Bag Policy to see other prohibited items.
Transportation / Safety
The safety of students, faculty, staff, and visitors is of highest priority at the University of Minnesota.
- Need a safe way home? Check out our tent by the entrance of the festival. Gopher Chauffeur and 624-WALK will be standing by to provide either a safe walk, or ride home from 8-10:30pm. See below for other transportation safety following the event.
- 624-WALK provides walking and biking security escorts to and from campus locations and nearby adjacent neighborhoods 24/7. Call 612-624-WALK “9255”.
- Gopher Chauffeur provides students with safe rides home from 10:00pm to 2:30am. Call 612-388-6911.
- Campus Buses provide direct service between the St. Paul, East Bank and West Bank campuses approximately every 20 minutes. For Spring Jam, only the Campus Connector and the University Avenue Circulator will be running.
My friend may have had too much to drink. What do I do?
Call 911. Don't worry about getting in trouble; your friend's life is more important. Minnesota has a Medical Amnesty Law to limit consequences for minors who call for emergency assistance.
What should I do if someone I know is sexually assaulted?
Get them to a safe place. Call The Aurora Center anytime through their 24-hour Helpline at 612-626-9111. Advocates are on call 24/7 to provide support and options.
To request disability accommodations please contact email@example.com or call 612-626-6919 by Friday, April 6. We will do our best to accomodate requests made after this date.
Spring Jam™ is on it’s way to zero waste! Join us in helping to reduce our impact on the environment by using the appropriate Resource Recovery Stations to compost and recycle. Thank you for contributing to a greener University of Minnesota.
If you are interested in learning more about Zero Waste or joining our Compost Crew, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where is the festival going to be held?
- Spring Jam™ will be held in Parking Lot 37, directly behind Mariucci Arena.
Who can get into the beer garden?
- Only those who are 21+ (with valid I.D.) may enter the Beer Garden. All beer must be consumed in this designated area. Beer is limited to three drinks per person.
Will non-alcoholic beverages be available at Spring Jam™?
- Coke products will be available for purchase. You may bring a clear, empty water bottle onto the festival grounds to fill up at the TapMpls water stations.
What can’t I bring?
- Items not permitted inside festival grounds: aerosol cans, alcohol, animals (except assistive animals), backpacks, bags larger than 4.5” x 6.5”, balls (beach balls, footballs, baseballs, etc.), beverages or liquids, cameras, chair backs, coolers, drones, fireworks, food, illegal drugs, laser pointers, markers (permanent) and/or paint, noise making devices, objects that can be used as projectiles (sticks, bats, clubs, poles, frisbees, etc.), balloons, sticks or flag poles, tobacco products, tripods, umbrellas, video cameras, weapons.
All prohibited items must be returned to vehicles or disposed of before entering the festival grounds. You won't be able to check items at the gate and all unattended items will be disposed of.
Can I bring my bag into Spring Jam™?
- Bags smaller than 4.5”x6.5” (with or without a strap/handle) are allowed but are subject to search by security at the entrance. Backpacks, luggage, grocery bags, duffel bags, large bags, large purses or large camera cases will not be permitted.
Can I bring my camera?
- Cell phone cameras are allowed.
- Video cameras, tripods, GoPros, cameras and drones will not be permitted.
Is it held rain or shine?
- Yes, subject to safety guidelines. Make sure to follow @UMNSUA on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat for the most up-to-date information.
What services will be on-site?
- First aid, an information booth and lost and found will be inside the entrance. ATM's will not be on site.
How many tickets can one person purchase?
Is the festival open to non-students?
- Yes, general public tickets are available but limited.
Can I bring a guest who doesn’t attend the U of M?
- Yes, they need to purchase a general public ticket. Buy early as general public tickets are limited.
What is the media/film/photo policy?
- Filming and photography does not require a filming/photography agreement. By attending Spring Jam™ you consent to be photographed and/or videotaped and consent to the use of these assets in any manner.
- Media inquiries must be made to Allyson Garin, Marketing Manager, at email@example.com. Media pass requests must be made prior to 4/13 for outlet review and approval process.
What is the re-entry policy?
Are the carnival rides free?
What is the age policy?
- SJ will be strictly 18+. Legal guardians will not be able to get a minor in. Only exception would be for UMN students (with valid UCard) that are under 18.